On the weekend of October 15-17, 2021 over 50 runners took to the streets of Detroit for the Detroit Free Press Marathon on behalf of the Kirk Gibson Foundation for Parkinson’s Team 23! Over $17,000 has been raised towards the fight against Parkinson’s Disease, and you can still support our runner’s fundraising efforts through October 31, 2021 via the GivenGain platform.
Congratulations to all of our runners! Some personal milestones included:
- Theresa F. qualified for the Boston Marathon!
- Debra G. ran her first half-marathon! She also completed the 5k and 1M run to complete the Wonder Challenge!
- Haley F. ran a half-marathon PR!
- Jamen S. completed his first in-person full marathon!
- Tim G. ran his first 5k!
- Bill B. – not only ran his 3rd marathon this October – but he also completed a 670 mile walk across the UK to raise awareness for Parkinson’s Disease in September.
We are so thankful for our Team 23 runners for making this event so special! If you have any questions about Team 23 events, or have an idea for a fundraiser please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to our race shirt sponsor The Corner Studio for the fantastic running shirts!
If you want to make a donation to support the fight against Parkinson’s you can do so at any time here.